Digital Show and Tell #1

On Monday, October 16th I shared The International Encyclopedia of the First World War. I believe this website is a good digital humanities tool because it offers a variety of ways to process the information of the website. These categories being Timeline, Themes, and Regions. Each area brings you to a different approach to the same content across the website. For example, if you were to search for ‘Woodrow Wilson’ in each area, each different category would bring up the same information but in a different format. Also, within each category, there are many links to different connections within the website. This feature of the website is very important to me because many people learn in different ways.

In evaluating the website, the creators have a clear focus being World War One. Second, the creators did a good job on making the website accessible to different types of audiences, they took into account that those coming to the site most likely do not have much information within this subject area. Lastly, the website does a good job at documenting their processes and gives a background to the creating of the website. While this information is limited, they recognize that some areas of the website can be expanded.

https://encyclopedia.1914-1918-online.net/home/